ResNet (short for Residence Hall Network & Computing) is a collaborative service provided by the Office of Information Technology and Housing & Dining Services and Residence Life.
ResNet is responsible for providing internet access and technology support to all resident students. Highlights of the ResNet program include:
- A high-speed, enterprise wi-fi network (ResNet WiFi) providing convenient internet access throughout the residence halls
- A wired internet access port for each resident (port-per-pillow) for non-wireless network devices
- A dedicated ResNet help desk, open 7 days a week during the academic year, to provide free technology-related support to resident students
- A campus-wide, digital cable television service providing a connection for every resident
- A land-line telephone system with optional voicemail service
- More than 70 public computers located in computer labs, lounges and lobbies throughout the residence halls
ResNet Mission Statement
"ResNet (Residence Hall Network and Computing Services) provides access, service and support of information technologies in order to promote the living/learning environment in the residential community. Furthermore, ResNet contributes to the development of residents through education and awareness/advocacy of current technology-related issues."