ResNet (short for Residence Hall Network & Computing) is a collaborative service provided by the Office of Information Technology, Housing & Dining Services and Residence Life.
ResNet is responsible for providing internet access and technology support to all resident students. Highlights of the ResNet program include:
- A secure, high-speed, enterprise Wi-Fi network (BearNet Secure) providing fully-encrypted internet access throughout the residence halls
- An open, high-speed, enterprise Wi-Fi network (ResNet WiFi) for compatibility with a wide range of student-owned devices in the residence halls
- A dedicated ResNet help desk, open 7 days a week during the academic year, to provide free technology-related support to resident students
- A campus-wide, digital cable television service with a connection in every room
- More than 90 public computers located in computer labs, lounges and lobbies throughout the residence halls
ResNet Mission Statement
"ResNet (Residence Hall Network and Computing Services) provides access, service and support of information technologies in order to promote the living/learning environment in the residential community. Furthermore, ResNet contributes to the development of residents through education and awareness/advocacy of current technology-related issues."